Friday, February 17, 2012

Oh, Pinterest

No, this isn't a post about how addicted I am to Pinterest. (I am.)

Nor is it a post about how Pinterest is presently the #1 site driving web traffic to and from anywhere.  (It is.)

Nor is it a post about all the Pinteresting things I've done.  (I have.)

Instead, it's a post about how sometimes, following a link stops me dead in my tracks.  I mentioned earlier today that I have a few wreaths in the works.  I was on Pinterest just now and saw a St. Patrick's Day wreath similar to one I am presently finishing (though mine is not St. Pat's -- it just uses the same technique).  I wondered where the person got the shamrock wreath form, so I clicked through.  Eventually, I ended up on a blog called Spare Time Sanity.  And after clicking around for a little while, I clicked on the "About Me" tab.

And ... had my breath taken away for a moment.

The blogger (she didn't give her name) is a work-from-home Mom to a two-and-a-half year old, and is -- she says is -- married to a wonderful man.  She's been married for five years.  But her husband was killed on his way home from work two and a half years ago, so she picked up crafting to stay sane.

What?

Yep, you read that right.

And all I could think, and can think, is how incredibly lucky I am. 

We've had a rough week over here, and it's been a little disheartening, but let me tell you, my problems are minor. MINOR. And I don't want to be preachy, but clicking on that little "About Me," I definitely did not expect to see what I saw; I especially didn't expect it to be so succinct --and yet nameless -- and those two things are what really hit home for me how sad it is, and how sad and lost I would be without Mick.

So, there we are.  From a quirky search on Pinterest, I ended up entering two contests, pinning about 20 things, and clicking on the blog of a woman who misses her husband every day.

Have a good weekend, everyone.  Sorry for the sad post --I just needed to get it out.

--Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment