Saturday, February 25, 2012

Paging Dr. CAM

WHM had "community helpers" day at school Wednesday.  I'm pretty good at whipping up costumes from what feels like nothing, but we don't have a lot of "character" hats in our house for some reason, and he insisted on being a fireman.  I can do a lot of things, but WHM really needed a hard hat, not a construction paper fire helmet. 

So, I called a few places on Tuesday and everyone only stocks costumes at Halloween, which meant it was off to the bain of my existence, Toys-R-Us.  I think I posted about this, how it was a frantic trip, etc. etc.  I ended up getting there and -- naturally -- they were sold out of Firemen.  Turns out that the costumes are Buy-One, Get-One-Free this week.  That was actually a huge score, so I talked WHM into being a police officer (worked well; I put him in the darkest blue/almost-black cargo pants in the universe) and CAM got a doctor's outfit.

WHM stayed in his uniform all of eleven seconds.  But here is Dr. CAM. 

Don't mind the lollipop.  After school treat.

--Jen










No comments:

Post a Comment