Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Would YOU Want to Clean this Playroom?

I am guessing not.  I don't want to, either, which is why it's looked like this -- or been on its way to this state -- for well over two weeks now.

The good thing is the kids are very good about putting stuff in the playroom when I ask them.  The bad thing is they put it just inside the threshold of what actually constitutes the playroom.  Putting it away?  Entirely different prospect.  (To be fair, CAM will put stuff away when there is, you know, someplace to put it.  She needs the jump start of starting from tidy.  That's where I come in, and I've just been in denial.  WHM will also put stuff where I tell him to put it, most of the time, if I am very specific and happen to see that he's putting stuff in the playroom.)

Here, for your enjoyment, our playroom. And don't worry:  when I do finally commit to attacking it, it will only take about an hour or two.  It's not tragically bad.  Except that it is.




--Jen

2 comments:

  1. So glad we're not the only ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jackie, I feel the same way reading your comment! It's not just us?! WAHOOOO!!!

    My parents don't understand when I tell them not to give gifts that require floor space. What we need are floor-to-ceiling built ins. Floor-to-ceiling to hold most of the stuff, and built-in so they can't topple over when the kids use them as ladders. What we don't need are more four-wheelers and baby strollers and tool benches and ... well, maybe we do need those. But we also need a bigger house and floor-to-ceiling built-ins!

    ReplyDelete